Please join us in a bi-monthly virtual discussion of holistic education.
These discussions are free and open to anyone who is interested in holistic education and expanding our understanding of holistic living and learning. Each gathering will invite a guest facilitator who will share about a specific topic and then hold the space as we move into a discussion. These discussion are meant as a space for us to learn and grow together. There is a spirit of inquiry in which we aren’t seeking a single answer, but looking together with curiosity and openness.
|Monday, April 17th||7:30pm-8:30pm EST||Young Hee Kim||Starting with a tree: How contemplative practices can open our minds toward interconnection|
|Monday, May 1st||7:30pm-8:30pm EST||Renee Owens||Circles|
|Monday, May 15th||7:30pm-8:30pm EST||Viola Olsen||Phil Gang, TIES, and His Evolution Toward a Holistic Worldview|
|Monday, May 29th||7:30pm-8:30pm EST||Open Discussion||Emergent Topic|
|Monday, June12th||7:30pm-8:30pm EST||Philip Snow Gang||Exploring the Educator’s Spiritual Preparation|
|Monday, June 26th||7:30pm-8:30pm EST||Four Arrows||Worldview Reflection and Trance-based Learning as Essential Tools for Holistic Education|
|Monday July, 10th||7:30pm-8:30pm EST||Rebecca Tree||Schema’s in Children’s Play|
|Monday, July 24th||7:30pm-8:30pm EST||Josette Luvmour||The Wisdom Available in Relationships with Children|
Meetings can be accessed through the link below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 851 3996 1400
1. Join the call
* You are welcome to join late of leave early if needed, but we encourage you to join for the full duration of the call.
* Please be patient with technological/connectivity issues, we will address them as they arise and understand that everyone has different access to WiFi.
* We ask that if you are able, please keep your video on, we love to see you and feel your presence as much as possible through the virtual platform.
* We try to hear from all participants and balance the conversation, but you are always welcome to just listen. We value the voices and experiences of everyone, there is no singular authority and you are always encouraged to contribute.
2. Brief introductions
- Please include your name, where you are joining us from, and what brings you to the discussion today.
3. Facilitator introduces the topic and offers some input in a format of their choice such as a story, practice, activity, presentation, reading, etc.
4. Discussion – The facilitator holds space for participants to inquire and flow in conversation with the intention to connect, learn, and build relationships.
The Chicago Statement and Education 2000
Andrea Laubstein & Camden Vancil- Gestures in Holistic Education
Robin Martin- What does it mean to be a holistic educator?
Tobin Hart- Open Discussion
Fern and Gift- Reflection through Life
Melissa Merkling- Exploring Waldorf Education
Paul Freedman- Deep Education
Julissa Taitano & Mindy Welsh- Our experience as aspiring holistic educators
William Greene- Open Discussion
Jonathan Wuerth- School in the Woods
Lindsay Bender- Holistic education in Traditional School Settings
Paula Lynam & Younghee Kim- Stories from the Secret Garden: Holistic outdoor preschool and children’s spirit
Tamara James-Wyachai- The Holistic Approach in Roong Aroon School’s International Program
Paul Feather & Terra Currie- Exploring Education and Being
Michael Carberry- Striving for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Our Learning Communities
Thea Canby and Nicole Gustafson: Our Resilient Community
Swan Kim: Development and application of dance appreciation education program based on holistic education paradigm
Nick Oredson: Social Emotional Learning as a Way of Life
** You can find the links to these past discussions here.